News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Malayan tapir (Furuta - ChocoEgg Series 6)

Started by AnimalToyForum, February 14, 2013, 04:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Here's a walk-around of the Malayan tapir (Tapirus indicus) by Kaiyodo. It's been a headache trying to work out how to classify this figure with regard to company and line and I'm still confused. I think it is Kaiyodo - Furuta - ChocoEgg Series 6, which differs from Kaiyodo - Takara - ChocoQ Animatales series 6. So, does this tapir really belong in the animatales category? Anyway, the figure is lovely...I have the set so there will be more walk-arounds to follow!

The pin in this shot gives a better sense of scale - these Kaiyodos are small. This tapir is 4.8cm long.

I bought mine from seller Jubei88 on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kaiyodo-Furuta-Choco-Egg-Animatales-Tapir-Figure-/200645716693

brontodocus

Great photos! :) I have the entire set, too. This is different from the regular Animatales / Animals of Japan where there is another series 6 indeed, with entirely different figures. The consecutive item numbers throughout the multitude of series of the latter and the fact that this series starts with No. 1 again further adds to the confusion. :-\

Jetoar

I would like to see in my country chocolate eggs with this kind of figures in side it, thanks for sharing friend  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Quote from: Jetoar on February 14, 2013, 05:33:02 PM
I would like to see in my country chocolate eggs with this kind of figures in side it, thanks for sharing friend  ^-^.
Just imagine if Ferrero (the company that makes Kinder Surprise eggs) would make a cooperation with Kaiyodo! :o :) I'd get several pallets of 24 each time I'm in a supermarket. ;D

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on February 14, 2013, 09:25:59 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on February 14, 2013, 05:33:02 PM
Just imagine if Ferrero (the company that makes Kinder Surprise eggs) would make a cooperation with Kaiyodo! :o :) I'd get several pallets of 24 each time I'm in a supermarket. ;D

I hope  that this will be real friend  ^-^!
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Kikimalou

Quote from: animaltoyforum on February 14, 2013, 04:45:13 PM
Here's a walk-around of the Malayan tapir (Tapirus indicus) by Kaiyodo. It's been a headache trying to work out how to classify this figure with regard to company and line and I'm still confused. I think it is Kaiyodo - Furuta - ChocoEgg Series 6, which differs from Kaiyodo - Takara - ChocoQ Animatales series 6. So, does this tapir really belong in the animatales category? Anyway, the figure is lovely...I have the set so there will be more walk-arounds to follow!

Thank you for the pics Adam. I like very much this tiny tapir. Each time I have an eye on it I think the head is really beautiful.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure it is a KAIYODO... We had some discussions about this and those series made by FURUTA lacked the KAIYODO label. And FURUTA produced them at the same time KAIYODO began his collaboration with TAKARA.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Kikimalou on February 15, 2013, 04:12:08 AM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on February 14, 2013, 04:45:13 PM

Thank you for the pics Adam. I like very much this tiny tapir. Each time I have an eye on it I think the head is really beautiful.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure it is a KAIYODO... We had some discussions about this and those series made by FURUTA lacked the KAIYODO label. And FURUTA produced them at the same time KAIYODO began his collaboration with TAKARA.

You know, if true, that might make sense of some of the issues I had working out which series it belongs to... :)

brontodocus

I just had to take my set out and look underneath the figures - so far I haven't found any that has "KAIYODO" stamped underneath (but other series, even the relatively obscure "Red Data Animals", have). A few figures, e.g. tht Narwhal and Golden Lion Tamarin, are stamped "CHOCO EGG" together with the item number, but Kaiyodo isn't mentioned... ???

Advicot

I'm on the hunt for a Malayan tapir to go with my Schleich one. I'm upset that Safari and Papo both retired their figures, it's really hard finding any decent Malayan tapir in the UK.  :(
Don't I take long uploading photos!