News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Animal Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2013 - [Vote!]

Started by AnimalToyForum, September 04, 2013, 02:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for your top three dioramas

1. Relishing the wet season's greenery
12 (41.4%)
2. Going Upcountry
9 (31%)
3. Sunset hunters
7 (24.1%)
4. Uneasy
4 (13.8%)
5. Jaguar in the wild
10 (34.5%)
6. Vagabond herd
10 (34.5%)
7. One false move
6 (20.7%)
8. Prairie town
12 (41.4%)
9. Eat me, I dare you!
2 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 02:18:30 PM

AnimalToyForum

There are nine excellent entries in the first ever Animal Toy Forum Diorama Contest, Sponsored by Safari Ltd. Thanks to everyone who participated, and good luck to everyone! And thanks to our very kind sponsor, Safari Ltd. The poll will close in 30 days, so you have plenty of time to make up your mind.  Please see this thread for the contest rules and details of how prizes will be allocated: http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/topic,75.0.html

The dioramas are as follows:

1. Relishing the wet season's greenery

2. Going Upcountry

3. Sunset hunters

4. Uneasy

5. Jaguar in the wild

6. Vagabond herd

7. One false move

8. Prairie town

9. Eat me, I dare you!

Gwangi

Fantastic work everyone! I didn't enter but just stopped by from the DTF to check these out.

brontodocus

Oh wow, these are all wonderful! :o It's good that we have a full month to vote because I really cannot decide which three to chose right now! There are some I think I recognise who made them (but *shhh!* - I won't say anything ;D ). Oh, is this really topic #666?  :o ;D

Jetoar

For me they are all great, it is a really hard decisition  ;).
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Megalosaurus

Very good dioramas everyone.

#1 The scale works pretty well (it is sometimes dificcult to do so).
#2 Beautiful. I must say that the water effect(without water) brings me inspiration for my own diorama (may be next year).
#3 Nice light & shadows game.
#4 It puts me think what happens next. To me the fox is smart enought to get away as son as the confrontation starts.
#5 The Jaguar is emblematic to my country (México), it was a god indeed. I just want to know what the jaguar is watching at.
#6 Its so pretty and reallistic. It like a shoot from a NatGeo cameraman.
#7 Nice diorama, but i just want to see it from another angle. Still a good scene.
#8 Something i like about this diorama is the sky and the animals in the backgroud.
#9 Flowers bring life to the scene. The tittle immediately puts you on the situation.

Good luck to all of you.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: brontodocus on September 04, 2013, 03:49:36 PM
Oh wow, these are all wonderful! :o It's good that we have a full month to vote because I really cannot decide which three to chose right now! There are some I think I recognise who made them (but *shhh!* - I won't say anything ;D ). Oh, is this really topic #666?  :o ;D

haha, yes, it is!  >:D

Less than 10 votes so far and every diorama has at least one vote. This might be a very close call!

widukind

They are all great. But i only know one model in Scene 8 :)

postsaurischian

Some great dioramas :)!

The figures in scene 8 are gorgeous :D! I want the Cynomys pair      ....... and the owls.

OkapiBoy

Balaur

Good job everyone! I had a really tough time choosing which ones to vote for, but they are all fantastic. Good luck!
[img width=599
height=300|http://www.desktopwallpapers.org.ua/pic/201111/1280x768/desktopwallpapers.org.ua-9234.jpg[/img]

Hey... humans... Weird animals.

widukind

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 04, 2013, 07:04:55 PM

The figures in scene 8 are gorgeous :D! I want the Cynomys pair      ....... and the owls.

Yes, what brand are this animals? :)

little koala

WOW, what a tough choice, they're all amazing! Well done and good luck everyone!

postsaurischian

Quote from: widukind on September 05, 2013, 08:53:59 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on September 04, 2013, 07:04:55 PM

Yes, what brand are this animals? :)

I hope they'll let us know after the contest is being done :).

Isn't that what contests are all about? Letting us know where the figures we don't know are from :)) (joking).

Battatitan

Amazing dioramas, everyone, this is going to be very exciting :D And I also can't wait for the discussion once the winners have been announced

AnimalToyForum

Only a few days left to vote, and every one counts!

brontodocus

Yes, I was just thinking - less than two days... took me a loooong time to decide but, phew, I just made it in time! ;D

AnimalToyForum

brontodocus

Quote from: animaltoyforum on October 03, 2013, 12:30:12 AM
Well, I can tell you, it is exceedingly close!
Oh, it really is! :o ;D

So all of you others who still want to vote, hurry up, only a few hours left! :)

AnimalToyForum

Yes, a tie-break poll is on the cards! But congratulations to dioramas 1 and 8, both entrants are now guaranteed a prize. Dioramas 5 and 6 are jostling for third place.

So, I've set up two tie break polls. One to decide first (and second) place, and one to decide third, head to the polls to cast your votes:

http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/topic,689.0.html

http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/topic,688.0.html

Entrants will remain anonymous until the winners are selected.

Commiserations and thanks to the other entrants, you all did well and it was a very difficult choice!

brontodocus

Yay, congrats, everyone! :) But now it seems even harder to decide! :o All contributions that made it to the tie breaks would be a worthy winner! :)