Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Japanese Giant Salamander (Epoch - Living Fossil Collection)  (Read 3795 times)

sbell

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
Japanese Giant Salamander (Epoch - Living Fossil Collection)
« on: January 31, 2013, 08:57:16 PM »

With all the other Andrias figures going on here, I figured I'd get one of my few here. This is an Epoch figure, a company well-known for their Life Account of the Trip series. The Living Fossil set has a great variety of animals--the Salamander is one of two Secret Figures (the other is a Frilled Shark). This one is not quite up to the level of some of the Kaiyodo ones, but is definitely very well done.  And like many, it is reaching up to eat some poor, unsuspecting animal (looks to be a goldfish!).

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Japanese Giant Salamander (Epoch - Living Fossil Collection)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 11:05:40 PM »
This week is the amphibian week, i like the stand and details  :).
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 07:59:56 AM »
This one is not quite up to the level of some of the Kaiyodo ones, but is definitely very well done.  And like many, it is reaching up to eat some poor, unsuspecting animal (looks to be a goldfish!).
It's definitely a lot better than the first Animatales version (what was it, Series 1 or so?)! :) Oh, but isn't it actually a crab that's being eaten by it?

sbell

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 01:25:30 PM »
This one is not quite up to the level of some of the Kaiyodo ones, but is definitely very well done.  And like many, it is reaching up to eat some poor, unsuspecting animal (looks to be a goldfish!).
It's definitely a lot better than the first Animatales version (what was it, Series 1 or so?)! :) Oh, but isn't it actually a crab that's being eaten by it?

As I look again, I think you are right--it's easier to see in a photo than in real life!